Sunday, March 11, 2007

Communications Etc

Asalamoalaikumwarahammatulla - May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon you!!

For those of you with a lot to do and very little time to meet, I am writing a brief note regarding the Communications subject. Add comments below please if you wish.

The exam is likely to be a one-to-one interview or one-to-two. In other words, two teachers may be asking the student questions in an interview format.

Major 1 Exam

The units from FIFTY-FIFTY - I have made an assumption (as there is still no clarity) that material relating to units 13 to 15 of Book 1 and Units 1 to 2 of Book 2 will be examined.

Further, the themes covered in Garnet i.e. Themes 3 to 7.

There will probably be general life style questions and questions related to family.

So how do I prepare?

With regards to the Fifty-fifty material, I use a mixture of role plays, one minute presentations about the subject and a drama format. I have divided my class into teams and so each team has to play out a drama every week. Its fun as well as a good opportunity for practising learning the relevant English. I assess the students together.

Re: The skills in English material: Last week I asked the teams to present a drama/play about managing time and yourself. It was fun to do. Students presented different scenarios. I have yet to question them individually about how they manage their time, but it is important that all angles and subjects are covered. Make sure your students are familiar with all the relevant vocabulary. There should be plenty to do in class.

I hope you find some of this info useful. Please add your comment below. By all means to contact me.

Wasalaam

Sohaib

No comments: